4.28.2010

Poppies

The poppy tutorial on Grosgrain is great.  I think I will use it to embellish a purse or blouse someday soon.  I had this idea in my mind after looking at the poppy post and thought I would share.

Using felt given to me I made three different sizes.  Because the felt is thick I didn't need to use fabric stiffener or hair spray as suggest on the tutorial.  For the stems I twisted more felt and just hot glued it on.  The board is a piece of plywood I found in the garage (hopefully it won't be missed).  I used some white gauze and tightly glued it in place.

Because I was able to find everything around my house it cost me nothing to make.  But I'm sure this would be an en inexpensive project.

2 comments:

Nicole Howard said...

That is so cute!! I would love to make one for my daughter's room!

Come follow along with me over at
1talentedfamily.blogspot.com!

Meredith said...

How adorable! Looks quite simple and inexpensive to re-create, but those poppies make a statement!

Thanks for your input on my dining room curtain dilemma as well... Still trying to make a decision on that one, but I appreciate your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...