7.28.2011

My Cell Phone Story

This post brought to you by Straight Talk. All opinions are 100% mine.

Two years ago as I was planning a family vacation I knew I needed to get a cell phone.  Up until that point my hubby and I had not found a cell phone company that we wanted to be bound to.  Our friends and family all complained about the fees and charges that would make their cell phone bills unpredictable-something we did not find appealing.  After researching several different companies we were still confused and bewildered at the cost of having a cell phone.

As a last resort I headed to Walmart before our vacation to get a trac-phone--a non commitment cell phone that would hopefully have coverage where we needed it.  To my surprise the cashier pointed me to the Straight Talk Phones.  I couldn't believe what I was seeing:

• Unlimited Monthly service only $45, includes calls, text, picture messaging, and web.

or

• $30 for the “All You Need Plan”  with 1,000 minutes, 1,000 texts and 30 MB of web data.

(Do you know how many hours 1,000 minutes is?)everything you need

No Contract, no credit checks, just a straight monthly fee, which can be paid online or purchased at Wal-Mart.

http://www.straighttalk.com/

Even the phone selection was great.  I had my choice from: LG, Motorola, Kyocera, Nokia and Samsung.

I made my selection and left with a basic LG phone.

Two years later I tell people everywhere about Straight Talk.  I can't believe the amount of money I have saved by using Straight Talk.  Knowing exactly how much my cell phone will cost each month has helped our family to budget better and save more money.

hook, line and sinker

Not only have we been able to save money for vacations, projects for crafting and sewing, and everyday entertainment we have great nationwide coverage and amazing reception wherever we go.   Seriously great coverage-more than once I have been the only one in a large group with any coverage!  All with no contract hanging over our heads.

call a friend

We feel like we can afford the cell phone "luxury" that seemed to allude us before.

What would you buy with the extra money you save?

Visit Sponsor's Site

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...