3.17.2015

May Pole Wreath

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

We had a little fun this morning with a special leprechaun visit. The kids were so excited to find the remnants of Lucky the Leprechaun.

Friday will be the first day of Spring. We haven't had much of a winter here, only two snow storms. We are ready to officially call it Spring-we would gladly welcome some Spring snow though. 

I wanted to put a springy wreath up on my front door. I have this spring wreath, but I wanted to try something new. First I searched for some inspiration. I found some fun ideas on Patience Brewster's website.  Check out these cute ornaments!  The bright colors got me thinking about spring.  

So here is my springy wreath:
 I call it my May Pole Wreath.  The idea of a may pole is so intriguing. By simply going around a pole and under and over people the ribbon is woven together in a fun pattern.
I covered a straw wreath with white satin ribbon. Then I added the colorful ribbon one layer at a time, starting in a different direction with every other layer.
 I pinned each end of the ribbons to start then had a long strand hang down.
It is bright and festive and brings a bit of spring to my front porch.

2 comments:

Marti said...

I love that! I've always had a fondness for May Day.

Karen said...

Adorable! I did a maypole dance in 3rd grade. It was fun winding the colors up and then we reversed and unwound the colors. What a clever idea.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...