8.20.2010

4th of July to Fancy T

You have one of these don't you?  Or two or three?  I like the 4th of July "flag" shirts for the fourth of July and for painting.  I'm not a fan of dates, pictures or prints on shirts--it's just not my thing.
 When I first started reading blogs I remembered Sachiko over at Tea Rose Home covered up her 4th of July t-shirt with ruffles and made it look so cute.  So this year I found some 4th of July shirts at Old Navy for $2 and wanted to give this project a try.
My ruffles all cut out.
Instead of doing a ruffle around the neck I pleated, pinned and sewed a strip of fabric.

What do you think?  Next time I do this I will taper the ruffles to help taper my waist too.  Overall this was a fun project and a great way to refashion a shirt.

3 comments:

Staci J said...

I think that is darling! I LOVE the collar and the flower at the top! Sachiko inspired me to make a ruffled shirt too!!
Visiting from justsewsassy.com

Jenny Hall / Seamingly Smitten said...

What a great redo!!!! The pleated neckline really makes it different than all the ruffled shirts I've been seeing. www.seaminglysmitten.blogspot.com
Jenny

Kori said...

I like the ruffle, too. Cute! Found you at the Shabby Nest!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...