8.02.2010

Purple Rosebud Baby Quilt

My cousin-in-law is having her first baby girl next month.  She has two boys already and wanted to make something girly--but not too pink.  I suggested some stores for fabric and the amount she should get.  The funny thing is she bought fabric that I bought a little while ago.  So we will eventually have quilts made out of the same material.  We cut out strips of alternating fabric and just sewed them together.  For the reverse side we used the rest of the fabric as big blocks.  To divide the blocks of material up I made 4 inch patchwork strips of the two fabrics.  The design of the quilt is easy on the eyes and will be well loved.
I sent the quilt home with her so she could finish the binding.
I did a large stipple quilting pattern on the entire quilt, I can't wait to see it washed.
A small view of the front and back.

1 comment:

Angela said...

looks great! i posted pics on my blog too. even though i said i started at 8pm that night, it actually didn't take me THAT long! i didn't start sewing until a little before 10pm, when the second movie started.....i'll be washing it today.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...