2.14.2011

Kissing Ball Topiary

Happy Valentine's Day!
Before all the pink turns into green and four leaf clovers I wanted to share one last Valentine's Decoration I made.
It's so festive and fun.
 To make it I cut out 18 inch strips of crepe paper and glued rolled flowers on a styrofoam ball.
 This process took a few hours--or several nights of rolling and gluing, rolling and gluing and then some.
 The finished product is all worth it though.  I wrapped a wooden dowel with ribbon and stuck it in the ball.  The base is a vase I had, I also lined the vase with the pink crepe paper and used plastic bags to hold the stick up.  To cover the bags I used spanish moss from the dollar store.
 At first I put it in my dining room with the wax paper hearts, but it just didn't look right.
Up on the mantel it looks great.  My little girl added the bear.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So pretty-love the crepe paper rosettes-very creative-I'm your newest follower-stop on over for a visit-Claire

Lauren @ Love, Water and Wine said...

Gorgeous! I can't wait to try and make one! I would love for you to link up any of your projects to my Ten Buck Tuesday link parties!

I am now your newest follower :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...