9.15.2011

Pin-It Up Thursday...Milk Jug Butterflies

 My hubby and his dad and brother are avid butterfly and bug collectors.  When I saw this butterfly mobile made out of milkjugs I knew it was my next project.


I didn't have a full range of colored permanent markers-each butterfly is monocromatic.
The hoop is an embroidery hoop covered in silk ribbon.
I used a clear thin thread to tie them to the hoop.  It took some practice to balance the butterflies just right.  It is amazing how the move in the air.  I might just take them off the hoop and hang them from the ceiling so they look like they are flying in the room, but for now it stays like this.
One last look-this didn't take much time, just time collecting enough milk jugs.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...