2.05.2013

Shirt to Cardigan

Being tall is great most of the time. But being tall and busty--while nursing-- makes it hard to find shirts that are long enough.  I've had a bright blue shirt for a few years, and usually just pair with some jeans.  This winter it just wasn't working.  The length is just too short and I'm not comfortable in it.
 I lined up the seams, then cut down the front middle.
I could have just left it here, but I wanted to make sure it looked nice.
 Using some neon green bias tape I had on hand I stitched it on each side of the cut.
 Then I folded the sweater to the inside and stitched it again.
 To make sure the bias was secure and would look nice I followed the first line of stitching again.
 You can barely see the two lines of stitching, but is gives it a nice weight.  I ironed both sides of the front.
 And there you have it, a nice bright shirt turned cardigan.
And if I remember I got this shirt for $2 at old navy!  When my hubby got home from work he said it looked really nice too!  

2 comments:

Karen said...

Beautiful color to match your eyes. Amazing as always!

abigayl said...

Wow! That's looks great. I have a undying love for cardis. Love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...