8.05.2010

Whilry Girly Skirt-Mom Size

This fabric is so cute, it has a vintage feel with crisp coloring, bought from the last fabric store shopping trip.  To make the skirt my size I lengthened the panels and made the top 4 inches wide instead of 3.  This skirt took 9 panels, I used a zipper instead of an elastic waist.
Here you can really see a panel, the way the panels are cut and sewn together make it fall on a bias.  It gives it such a nice flow.
The waist and back sit perfectly, not too snug.
I lined the white up so it looks like a just sewed a white strip on to the red.  Each panel has a white strip sewn to the end then the panels are sewn together-almost like quilting.
My little girl took this picture.  She would tell me to smile, jump and twirl around just like I ask her to do it.  She is better at taking pictures with my little Canon Powershot, but it is coming back from the shop today :(

2 comments:

malia said...

darling! thanks for making a cute skirt for us big girls

kim west said...

gave you an award at my blog today

kimboscrafts.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...