I finally made a black apple doll. When I printed off the pattern it says to enlarge it to 150%, my scanner does either 129% or 200%. Needless to say I enlarged my pattern to 200% and I love the size of the dolls.
I added pigtails and used buttons for the eyes. My little helpers helped me choose the colors and size of the buttons. It doesn't show up much in this picture, but we added blush to the cheeks too. I used a pink marker to draw on the smile and a black marker for the nose.
After making one, it needed a friend. We are going to give the other one to my little girl's BFF.
Every doll needs a dress too. I may or may not have started several other outfits--the design is bothering me, hopefully I will have a pattern to share with you soon.
Don't these two dolls just look helpless? They need someone big and strong to help ward off any villains or bad guys.
Is that a plane or a bird?...
My little guy needed a doll too. I had to make him one that wouldn't be confused with the others.
I modified the hair pattern for the signature curl on the forehead. Used blue buttons for eyes (I don't know what color Superman's eyes are but my little guy has blue eyes so this one needed blue too)
And what would superman be without a cape. The cape is permanently attached to the body at the neck. Sewn on at the same time as the back of the head. The material from the cape is the leftover from this project.
The hands and feet are modified too. Instead of one solid piece of fabric I cut skin colored hands and red boots, then attached them to the blue before sewing them together to form the arms and legs. If that doesn't make sense I might have to make a tutorial.
I love this little guy and he has already been well loved. The girl's are loving their dolls too. One has been named Bessie.