10.29.2012

Super Hero Family: Thor

My poor hubby got sucked into this costume.  I asked him several times if he was really okay being Thor.  I told him he had to wear a blond wig to really pull it off.  He's been a good sport about it--

Here's the inspiration photo...
 And here's the final...
I used a long sleeve grey shirt sewed on a black vinyl vest and the cape.  The cape is gathered and sewn at the top of the shoulder seams, and one spot in the middle of the neck. 
I used bowls for the circles and free handed the lightening shape.  I used silver spray paint for the color.
I bought the hammer at Target, I ran out of time to make one. The hubby also wore black pants and black shoes to complete the costume. Besides the super long cape and the cardboard I think he was pretty comfortable.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...