3.21.2010

Marshmallow Brownies

I love to bake--but I have a hard time digesting baked goods.  But these brownies are divine, maybe it's the extra frosting, or just the ratio of frosting to brownie.  My Grandma O introduced this recipe to me.  She found it in Reader's Digest I believe.  It's easy, and tastes amazing.
Cream butter, sugar and cocoa
Start slow, and mix mix mix--you can't over mix this part.
After the eggs & vanilla add the flour and salt.  I pour in my flour and add the salt on top.  You can kind of see it here.  Start the mixer slowly, and only mix until it is combined.  The trick here is not to over mix the flour.  You don't want bready brownies--if you do mix away.
This batter is thicker than you regular brownie mix.  Just smooth it out and put it in the oven.
After 20 minutes pull the brownies out and let your helpers put an entire bag of little marshmallows over the whole thing.  My princess had to test a few to make sure they tasted good.
After the marshmallows have been in the oven for 3-5 minutes they should melt together.  My little helper said that they became a family.  I put big dollops of frosting on the still warm marshmallows.  Then I spread and spread until it is even.  It is messy, but when it cools it is swirly and yummy.
Oh so yummy.  While I was spreading the frosting I gave my helper the spatula from the frosting.  When I looked up this is what I saw~
Hey! That's not what you are supposed to do with oh so yummy frosting. 



 Marshmallow Brownies (aka Best Gotta-Have-it Brownies)
Brownies
1 C Butter, softened
2 C Sugar
1/3 C Cocoa
4 Eggs
1 1/2 C Flour
2 tsp Vanilla
1/4 tsp Salt
1 1/2 C Chopped Nuts (optional)

Topping
1 bag marshmallows (mini work the best)
1 2/3 C Powdered Sugar
1/2 C Butter
1/3 C Cocoa
1/3 C Canned Evaporated Milk

1.  Mix together butter, sugar and cocoa.  Stir in eggs; flour, vanilla, salt and nuts.  Stir.  Pour into greased, 1-inch-deep baking sheet.  Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.

2. Cover with mini marshmallows and put back into oven and bake for additional 3-5 minutes. 

3.  Mix together powdered sugar, butter, cocoa & evaporated milk.  Add frosting. Frost over marshmallows while still warm.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...