This project has been on my project list for a long time. I bought the sheets at Ikea last year. At first I thought of doing a ruffled cover-but it just wasn't going that way when I started to put things together.
My sister-in-law was out for a few days and she helped me put it all together.
I used the excess material from one of the sheets.
Here's what her bed looked like before (I should show you the pile of toys that she puts on her bed every night-it helps her fall asleep to play)
After-I have several pillows that I need to finish up, I'll post those when I complete them.
A close up of one of the flowers. Each of the flowers has a big white button in the middle.
The back of the duvet cover has 5 buttons that match the buttons on the front.
On each corner in the inside I sewed ties.
The comforter has places for the ties-it's what makes it so the comforter doesn't get all bunched up.
Each of the flowers stems is made out of bias tape-just like this dress. I pinned the design down and zig-zagged it.
My SIL and I debated whether or not to put 3 or 5 flowers-we decided on three because it is only a twin size and the flowers that I am planning on putting on a pillow will help balance it out.
One more shot-love how sweet and simple it is.