12.28.2010

Bee Quilt

This was a project I made for my mom, we call her Grandma B.  When I saw the yellow bee fabric I knew that I had to make something for her from the grandchildren.
The quilt is a double Irish chain quilt, if you would like a pattern just Google it.

These are the two blocks I used, it really wasn't too hard.
 In each of the white spaces I embroidered and appliqued some things.  In one of the middle squares I drew this beehive out and had fun filling in the beehive entrance with french knots.  There are three blank spots, left open for future grandchildren.
 For the grandchildren that I didn't have a hand for I embroidered their name and left it blank.  My mom will either put their hand print in when she sees them next or will put a heart in instead.
 For the other grandchildren I had them write their names and traced it on to the fabric.  I loved how each name showed the age of each child.
The hand prints were great.  Every time I had the quilt laid out for measurements my children would run over to the quilt to find their hands and match them up.
This was another quilt made with love and I hope Grandma B loves it.

1 comment:

Karen said...

I love it!!!!! You have to see it in person to see how absolutely darling it is. I just love it! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
Grandma B

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...