12.10.2010

$2 Downeast Basics Manhattan Tote Knock-Off

 A few weeks ago I got the Down East Basics catalog in the mail, I don't live near a DEB store and so the internet and snail mail are the only way to get the goods.  Anyways, I saw this purse:
Yes, it's a pleated herringbone pattern, just like the one I made here.
Here's my version of the purse--using two dollar store dish towels.
 I would love to get some vinyl and make another version--a chunkier spill proof version.
Doesn't this look familiar?
My ruffle bag, from bag week
I love finding inspiration and making it for a fraction of the price.

1 comment:

April said...

You did an awesome job! I love the colors you choose. and I am a huge fan of using a contrasting thread!...such and easy way to add detail to something...I was stopping by to let you know that you won my 100 followers surprise giveaway... I will email you more details. Congratulations!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...