12.30.2010

Sweater Refashion

Before:
 I loved this sweater during college.  It was warm and festive.  Now I feel frumpy in it and think that it makes me itch too much.

During:
 I used a shirt to give me a general shape and size for my little girl. 
 Cut the shoulder seams at the top, and cut the front and back straight across. The front ended up being 3-4 inches higher than the back.
 Cut out an area for the arms.
 This is what it should look like after you are done cutting.
 Make some covered buttons.
 Making these took a little time, it was hard to fit all the knit under the back cover.
 Because I didn't cut the bottom edge I only needed to worry about the armpit and top edges.
 I added a pleat on the front and the back, once my little girl tried it on we needed to make the whole dress more fitted.  I also cut the straps from the sleeves, they are 2 1/2 inches wide.  The strap length was kept long until I had my princess tried it on and we fitted it just right.

Once again...

Before:
 After:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...